When I first got into the world of personal development, I made the mistake of buying the THINGS that I thought would help me before I worried about investing in the PROCESS that would transform me.
All I wanted was to be happy. I mean seriously, I was a mental health therapist! Why hadn't my training taught me how to be happy? Why hadn't my education shown me how to "fix myself"?
Well, now I know the answer to those questions.
1) There was nothing that needed fixing.
2) Happiness is an active experience and I was looking for an instant fix.
3) It was on ME to make the choice to take the action to change. No one could do it for me.
So here I was in a place of "I know there's nothing that needs 'fixed', but I'm still not feeling totally excited about life and my emotions keep overwhelming me and depression keeps sucking me back in."
What I needed was a reboot.
I needed to shake the snow globe, let things settle, and decide if I liked what I saw or if it was time to move onto a new snow globe.
Then I realized, forget the snow globe and let's create something totally sacred and something totally my own. Let's put our blinders on to what everyone else is doing and saying and just worry about what I was doing for once.
Here's what happened when I did this:
- My stress management improved tremendously. My mindset was impeccable- I mean really, I had fun doing taxes and paid a large tax bill with full gratitude.
-My business opportunities opened up- such as co-authoring the Ceremonies book.
-Intentions I had previously set began to manifest into the now.
-My relationships upgraded. My anxiety about reaching out and connecting with people decreased.
- I entered into a whole new level of self-acceptance and discovery. I tapped into a creative part of myself that had been neglected and make sure she gets to come out as often as she desires.
These are the type of transformations I know can happen for you as well in the Your Sacred Life Program.